- David Bowie Has Died, Aged 69
- Stars Pay Tribute To The Late David Bowie
- 69 Beautiful And Rare Pictures Of The Late, Great David Bowie
- 10 Moments That Sealed Forever David Bowie's Iconic Status
- This Stunning Bowie GIF Has Really Resonated With Fans
- This Website Shows You What Bowie Was Doing At Your Age
- David Bowie's 10 Biggest Reinventions
- 19 Times David Bowie Looked Cooler Than You
- Bowie's Final Music Video Feels So Much More Poignant Now
In a short teaser clip for Tuesday (12 January) night’s episode, Angie was seen in the Diary Room reacting very tearfully to the news that David had died after an 18-month battle with cancer.
Viewers hit out at Channel 5 for airing the highly sensitive scenes, having previously stated that Angie would be told off camera.
However, bosses have now insisted this was actually the case, as they issued a short statement via their Twitter page to address the controversy.
The tweet read: “For those asking – Angie was told the tragic news about David Bowie off camera by her agent, then spoke to BB about it in the Diary Room.”
For those asking – Angie was told the tragic news about David Bowie off camera by her agent, then spoke to BB about it in the Diary Room.— Big Brother UK (@bbuk) January 11, 2016
Fans of the reality show will see the events unfold in full in tonight’s episode, when Angie also makes the decision to stay in the house after learning the news.
A ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ spokesperson said that the decision was “entirely her choice” and that she “has been given the option to leave at any time if she changes her mind”.
“Appropriate support will be available to Angie at any time if needed,” they added.
Speaking about David’s death in the Diary Room, Angie broke down in tears, saying: “I haven’t seen him in so many years, I can’t make a big drama out of it… but it just feels like an era has ended with his passing.”
‘Celebrity Big Brother’ continues tonight at 9pm on Channel 5.