We asked eight trans people to address their younger selves - and give the advice and hindsight they wished they could have known when they were teenagers.
Many young people struggle with their identity and body confidence - a struggle which can become even greater for those who realise they are transgender.
Nikki Hayden, CJ Bruce, Evie Andrew and Sabah Choudrey, all 25, Kate Adair who's 31, 28-year-old Lola Olson, who is currently raising money for surgery, 35-year-old Fox Fisher and Jacob Bayliss, 24, all took part.
With transgender awareness being one of the most talked about topics of last year - thanks in part to Caitlyn Jenner and Kellie Maloney - HuffPost UK set out to find young trans people who wanted to open up about their experiences of transitioning.
Watch the moving video above.
With thanks to:
- All About Trans is a project that promotes trans voices in the media and improves media representation and understanding of trans people including the issues they may face in education and healthcare.
Student Pride, a national event for LGBT students from all over the UK. My Genderation, an ongoing documentary film project, aired on YouTube, giving trans people a platform
Useful websites and helplines:
- The Gender Trust supports anyone affected by gender identity | 01527 894 838
- Mermaids offers information, support, friendship and shared experiences for young people with gender identity issues | 0208 1234819
- LGBT Youth Scotland is the largest youth and community-based organisation for LGBT people in Scotland. Text 07786 202 370
- Gires provides information for trans people, their families and professionals who care for them | 01372 801554
- Depend provides support, advice and information for anyone who knows, or is related to, a transsexual person in the UK