The singer started her tribute to David Bowie early, as she arrived at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Monday (15 February) night.
Lady Gaga dressed as Ziggy Stardust in tribute to the late David Bowie
Gaga, who is honouring the late music legend with a special performance during the ceremony, went full-on Ziggy Stardust as she walked the red carpet, following his death from cancer last month.
She sported a bright orange wig, a blue 70s catsuit, and skyscraper red heels, complete with Bowie’s trademark make up, as she posed for the cameras.
The singer was a massive Bowie fan
The singer - whose previous Grammy appearances are famous for the meat dress, her egg vessel, and her mechanical horse - is a huge Bowie fan, often citing him as one of her biggest musical and artistic inspirations.
Ahead of her performance of his hit ‘Fashion’ at the awards, Gaga paid a lasting tribute to Bowie with a new tattoo.
She shared an image of her latest inking - a replica of Bowie’s iconic Aladdin Insane album cover - on Snapchat on Sunday, which revealed it takes up the most of the lower left-hand side of her stomach.
Gaga revealed the tattoo in this snap
- The Stars Descend On The Grammys Red Carpet
- And The Most Outrageous Outfit Of The Night Is...
- Justin Bieber's Unbelievably Cute Brother Jaxon Steals The Show
- Lady Gaga's Bowie-Inspired Grammys Look Was As Awesome As Expected
- And The Winner Of The Most Outrageous Grammys Outfit Goes To...
- Taylor And Selena Have An Awkward Moment On The Red Carpet
- Taylor Swift Gets The Grammys Off To A Flying Start
- Taylor Swift Responds To Kanye West Diss During Acceptance Speech
- Adele Soldiers On During Grammys Performance, Despite Technical Issues
- Gaga Honours David Bowie With Grammys Tribute Performance
- Rihanna Cancels Grammys Performance At The Last Minute
- Ed Sheeran's Grammys Speech Was As Adorable As Ever
- Kendrick Lamar Stuns With Politically-Charged Performance
Take a look at all the pics from the red carpet in the gallery below...