22/04/2017 00:01 BST | Updated 22/04/2017 16:05 BST

Woman Tells Of Nightclub Acid Attack Agony

A woman burned in an acid attack at a nightclub has told how she felt like her face was on fire.

Two men arrested since the Easter Monday assault remain in custody.

Police are still trying to trace the boyfriend of reality television star Ferne McCann after a corrosive liquid was sprayed during an argument at Mangle in Dalston, east London. 

Around 20 people suffered burns in the incident, including a 22-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man who were both blinded in one eye in the attack.

One victim said she was left "hysterical" following the attack.

Sophie Hall told The Sun: "There was panic and shouting and I just started crying because my face felt as if it was on fire."

The 21-year-old, who had been on a night out to celebrate a friend's birthday, added: "I looked in the mirror and saw how disfigured my face was.

"The acid had run down my cheeks and burnt into my skin. I was hysterical."

A 24-year-old man was arrested at an address in north London on suspicion of grievous bodily harm on Friday, following the earlier arrest of a 21-year-old man on the same charges, also in north London.

Officers also carried out three arrest warrants at addresses in Hertfordshire and others in Milton Keynes.

They are appealing for the public's help in locating Arthur Collins, McCann's 25-year-old boyfriend, who issued a public plea for him to turn himself in.

Detective Inspector Lee McCullough said the net was "closing in on those we believe to be responsible".

He said: "This incident has caused suffering to a large group of people and left a young man and a woman blinded in one eye and many others needing long-term treatment.

"The noxious substance used has not yet been confirmed, but samples retrieved from the scene have been sent for analysis.

"If you were there and saw anyone involved inside or leaving the nightclub, please get in touch."

He called the attack "awful" and warned that "anyone found harbouring those wanted for questioning by police can expect a knock at the door and could well find themselves under arrest".

The 24-year-old victim blinded in one eye and another man, 29, were transferred to a specialist burns hospital in Essex, and have since been discharged following treatment, police said.

Officers believe a dispute between two groups of people developed inside the venue, resulting in a noxious substance being sprayed by a male suspect directly at the pair.

Some 20 people suffered burns, with 12 people attending hospital, including the 22-year-old woman who suffered injuries to her face and has been left blinded in her left eye.

Other people inside the venue suffered the effects of the substance.

A 33-year-old woman, who was arrested on suspicion of firearms offences following the raids on Thursday, has been bailed to return at a later date.