A man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder after a car was driven into revellers outside a Gravesend nightclub.
Mohammed Abdul appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
He is accused of driving a Suzuki Vitara deliberately into Blake’s nightclub, Queen Street, on Saturday in an incident which left 13 people injured.
The 21-year-old did not enter a plea at the short hearing and spoke only to confirm his details when he appeared by videolink.
It is alleged the vehicle was driven down the alleyway beside Blake’s nightclub at speed and then stopped for about 15 seconds before ploughing through a marquee and onto a dance floor.
The court was told people in the crowd were left with injuries including broken and dislocated knees, and dislocated pelvises.
Abdul had allegedly been kicked out of the nightclub before the incident.
Senior investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector David Chewter, from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “We have reason to believe the person responsible for the vehicle colliding with the nightclub had been asked to leave the venue earlier on in the evening.
“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the security staff at the nightclub as well as those members of the public who helped in the initial moments after the collision.
“Many people were injured as a result of the incident but none of their injuries are described as life-threatening or life-changing.
“However, we believe there may be more casualties out there who are yet to come forward and talk to us – we would like to hear from them as we continue to build a clear picture of what happened that night.”
Dr Sola Adeyemi, chairman of the bench, remanded Abdul, of Gilbert House, McMillan Street, London, in custody.
He will next appear before Maidstone Crown Court on April 16.