Managing director at nef consulting
Graham Randles, Managing Director at nef consulting (new economics foundation), a social enterprise founded and owned by the think tank nef (the new economics foundation) to help public, private and third sector organisations put its ideas into action.
nef consulting specialises in helping organisations to integrate social, economic and environmental measurement into their culture. Since joining in June 2012, I have spearheaded a strategic drive to apply our market leading methodologies for impact assessment, based on principles of Social Return on Investment (SROI) and the Five Ways to Well-Being, to the wider corporate arena. A key success was advising The Crown Estate on the development of the first report on its total contribution to the UK economy.
I have a BSc in Business Administration and an MSc in Responsibility & Business Practice, both
from the University of Bath, and a broad range of previous experience spanning environmental
consultancy; sustainable purchasing and supply; and a successful career in international business
development, setting up the UK & US operations of a Belgian electronic publishing company. I have a strong combination of commercial and sustainability experience and a passionate interest in the environment.
Previously I led ground-breaking regional and national sustainable procurement initiatives, with the Greater London Authority (GLA), Defra, the Waste & Resources Action Programme (WRAP), the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) and the UN Marrakech Task Force in Sustainable Public Procurement (MTF).
• Led the nef consulting team responsible for advising The Crown Estate on the development of its Total Contribution report
• Programme Manager, Mayor of London's Green Procurement Code (2005-12)
• Managed delivery of the 2011 National Sustainable Public Procurement Programme training
• Developed CIPS Sustainable Procurement Review certification
• Drafting panel for British Standard for Sustainable Procurement BS 8903
• Established UK office of Bureau van Dijk (BvD) and responsible for £1.8 million turnover
• Set up New York office of BvD and increased revenue to $1.6 million
• International Sales Manager for legal publishing division of Wolters Kluwer
Specialties: Green procurement, responsible procurement, sustainable purchasing and supply, sustainable procurement, supply chain, social value, social return on investment, SROI, well-being at work, delivering happiness at work, new international business operations; sales and marketing, electronic publishing, market research