Caroline Flack has told fans she is going through the “worst time of her life” ahead of her appearance in court on suspicion of assault.
On Sunday evening, the presenter shared a message on Instagram, telling fans: “This is the worst time of my life. I don’t know where to go to. Where to look. Who to trust. Or I even am.”
Caroline is due to appear on bail at North London’s Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
The former X Factor host previously said of the incident: “While matters were not as have been reported, I am committed to cooperating with the appropriate authorities and I can’t comment further on these matters until the legal process is over.”
She gave Laura her endorsement as the show’s new presenter, but lamented she had been going through “a really tough time”.
“I’m glad it’s Laura,” she wrote on her Instagram Story. “She loves the show as much as I do.
“Again.. Thank you so much for your continuous messages of support.
“It’s a really tough time… But I‘m doing all I can to keep my head above water and sort this all out.”
Laura revealed she had been in touch with the star after entering talks to host the show Caroline has fronted since it was rebooted on ITV2 in 2015.
In a statement confirming her as the new presenter, Laura said: “I want to thank ITV for trusting me at the helm of this huge show. I wish it was in better circumstances; Caroline is a brilliant host and also a friend.
“We’ve spoken a lot in the last few days since she stepped down. She has been very kind to me and strongly pushed me for this role. I’ve watched her host every series and know I have big boots to fill. I will try and do it justice.”