Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has topped the list of the world’s most highly-paid actors for the second year in a row.
According to Forbes, The Rock – who first rose to prominence as a WWE wrestler, before making the change to acting – pulled in $87.5m (£67m) for his work between June 2019 and June 2020.
This figure puts him at the top of the list of the business magazine’s annual list of high-earning male actors for the second time, pulling in $89.4 million (£68.6 million) the previous year.
Forbes has claimed that the majority of his $87.5 million sum came from a hefty pay-out from Netflix to star in the upcoming film Red Notice, on which The Rock will also serve as a producer.
They also claim his Under Armour range Project Rock will have contributed heavily to his annual earnings.
Meanwhile, Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda is a new addition to the list, in seventh place on $45.5m (£34.7m), having sold the rights to his hit musical to Disney+ for $75 million (£57.5) in the last year.
Check out the full list of highest-paid actors and their earnings below:
1. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson – $87.5m (£66.8m)
2. Ryan Reynolds – $71.5m (£54.5m)
3. Mark Wahlberg – $58m (£44.2m)
4. Ben Affleck – $55m (£41.9m)
5. Vin Diesel – $54m (£41.2m)
6. Akshay Kumar – $48.5m (£37m)
7. Lin-Manuel Miranda – $45.5m (£34.7m)
8. Will Smith – $44.5m (£33.9m)
9. Adam Sandler – $31m (£23.8m)
10. Jackie Chan – $30m (£23m)
Forbes’ list of highest-paid female stars will be published in September.
Last year’s was topped by Black Widow star Scarlett Johansson, who earned $56 million (£42.9 million).