ENTERTAINMENT
11/01/2019 08:19 GMT | Updated 11/01/2019 10:33 GMT

Louise Redknapp Pulls Out Of Dolly Parton Musical After A Fall Causes Facial Injuries And Broken Wrist

The singer needed hospital treatment earlier this week.

Louise Redknapp has been forced to pull out of the Dolly Parton musical ‘9 To 5’ after suffering a fall while on her way to rehearsals.

The former ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ star was set to make her debut in the show when it opens later this month, but she’s been forced to delay her start date after the accident, which has left her with facial injuries and a fractured wrist.

The show is set to run until August and the show’s producers have said they’re hoping Louise “will start performances towards the end of March or early April”.

Posting on Instagram, Louise said: “It breaks my heart to say I am having to take some time out and won’t be able to continue with my role in ‘9 To 5’.

“Due to a nasty fall I have only gone and fractured my wrist and got 10 (yes 10) stitches in my chin.

“I wish the rest of the fabulous cast an amazing opening night and I will be back on that stage for 9-5 before you know it,” she added. 

A representative for Louise told HuffPost UK that Louise suffered the fall on her way to rehearsals on Tuesday. 

In a statement issued to the Sun, the show’s producers said: “The recovery time recommended means Louise is no longer able to properly rehearse the show in the remaining time left before opening.

Mike Marsland via Getty Images
Louise Redknapp 

“Together we have made the difficult decision to delay Louise’s start date in the show.

“We hope that Louise will start performances sometime towards the end of March/early April 2019.

“Everyone at ‘9 to 5’ wishes Louise a speedy recovery and we look forward to welcoming her back.”

‘9 To 5’ opens at the Savoy Theatre on 28 January and also stars Louise’s fellow former ‘Strictly’ contestant Brian Conley and Love Island’s Amber Davies.