NEWS
27/10/2019 11:27 GMT | Updated 27/10/2019 11:28 GMT

Police Release Third Man Arrested After Milton Keynes House Party Murders Under Investigation

Two men have already been charged following the double murder.

PA
Milton Keynes stabbing victims

The third man arrested after two teenagers were stabbed to death at a house party in Milton Keynes has been released under investigation.

Police confirmed on Saturday that a 27-year-old man had been held on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, however stated on Sunday he had been released pending further enquiries. 

Dom Ansah and Ben Gillham-Rice, both 17, were killed during an attack on October 19 at a property in a quiet residential street. 

Ansah died from a stab wound to the back, while Gillham-Rice was knifed in the chest just before midnight, Thames Valley Police said.

Two other men have been charged over the house party deaths.

Earl Bevans, 22, appeared before High Wycombe Magistrates’ Court on Saturday sporting a black eye and another bruise on the other side of his face.

Bevans, who has a large tattoo on his neck, wore a grey tracksuit and spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth, that he has no fixed address and that he was represented by Wasif Ahmed, during the brief hearing.

He is charged with two counts of murder over the attack at a party in the Emerson Valley estate.

Bevans also faces two counts of attempted murder after Ryan Brown, 23, and a 17-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons, were left with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

He replied “yes” when he was asked if he understood the charges, but was not required to enter any pleas. 

He has been remanded in custody ahead of a bail hearing at Luton Crown Court on Monday, where he will appear alongside Charlie Chandler, 21, who was remanded in custody by magistrates on Friday.

Chandler, of Fitzwilliam Street, Bletchley, is also charged with two counts of murder and two of attempted murder.

In an appeal on Friday, Thames Valley Police threatened to identify further potential suspects still at large if they do not hand themselves in.

Detective Chief Superintendent Ian Hunter, head of crime for the force, said: “We are still looking for others and they know who they are. I want to appeal directly to those people. We are looking for you and we will find you, however long it takes.

“At this stage we have not released your names or photographs, so please hand yourself in to the nearest police station as soon as possible.

“This is not going to go away and if we have to, we will name you so there will be no place for you to hide.”