There’s been a lot to talk about from the first trailer for The Batman.
But aside from Robert Pattinson’s emo-looking caped crusader and Colin Farrell’s unbelievable transformation into The Penguin, there’s one other detail that some people – specifically EastEnders fans – can’t get over.
That’s because the trailer also features an appearance from classic 00s soap villain Trevor Morgan, aka actor Alex Ferns.
Eagle-eyed soap fans were stunned when they spotted the Scottish star as Gotham Police Commissioner Pete Savage in the first-look clip, which debuted over the weekend.
Alex’s EastEnders character was involved in one of the soap’s most high-profile storylines of the early 2000s, which depicted Trevor’s abuse of wife Maureen ‘Little Mo’ Slater.
One of the most harrowing scenes in the plot saw Mo strike her abuser with an iron in Pauline Fowler’s kitchen, after he subjected her to yet another violent attack.
Trevor was killed off in 2002 when his plot to murder Mo in a house fire went wrong.
Since leaving the soap, Alex has starred in TV dramas including Making Waves, Luther, Vera, 24: Live Another Day and River City, as well as appearing on Celebrity Coach Trip.
In 2019, he also played Andrei Glukhov in HBO series Chernobyl.
If you, or someone you know, is in immediate danger, call 999 and ask for the police. If you are not in immediate danger, you can contact:
- The Freephone 24 hour National Domestic Violence Helpline, run by Refuge: 0808 2000 247
- In Scotland, contact Scotland’s 24 hour Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline: 0800 027 1234
- In Northern Ireland, contact the 24 hour Domestic & Sexual Violence Helpline: 0808 802 1414
- In Wales, contact the 24 hour Life Fear Free Helpline on 0808 80 10 800.
- National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0800 999 5428
- Men’s Advice Line: 0808 801 0327
- Respect helpline (for anyone worried about their own behaviour): 0808 802 0321