Last week was very exciting indeed as I was invited to take part in an Inspiration Day at Cardiff HomeSense. A lovely table with all sorts of yummy goodies including cupcakes and bubbly was set up and I was ready to help any readers or shoppers with any interior challenges they had. Before I settled down to have a chat with shoppers I spent the first hour walking around the store and picking out 10 must-have items. With so many wonderful products, I was really spoilt for choice.
Here are my 10 Blogger Picks:
1. I came across these beautiful ceramic bowls with a retro design and they would bring a lovely fresh look to any kitchen cupboard
2. Rules are meant to be broken and you really don't need to have "sets" of things, so why not go for an eclectic mix of cups for a little quirky style
3. Following on from the retro look is this wonderful vintage inspired child's ride-on scooter, not only is it perfect for little ones but also very stylish and would look great in any living room as a statement piece.
4. Being from South Africa I have always been a fan of colour and world trends so it's very exciting to see the Moroccan feel make a real comeback this season. With a few carefully picked pieces you can get that stylish ethnic touch without going over the top and this lovely fabric covered bench would look wonderful in a hallway or living space.
5. One should never take themselves too seriously when it comes to interiors and you should always have a sense of fun, so when I saw this fabric decorative cat I thought it was just too different and unique to leave out of my top picks
6. Storage really doesn't need to be boring and I love stylish trunks such as these ones
7. One of my favourite things to do in summer is relax outside in the garden with a nice book and a wine spritzer on a large comfy seat and this white cane chair is perfect for a chic summer garden
8. Another fun item and stylish item for the garden is an Eastern style headpiece that can be used for a corner of calm.
9. I never get board of Parisian interiors, especially in the bathroom, I love these beautiful soap holders for a simple but elegant look
10. I always love having colour in places you would not expect and these cute laundry baskets are a perfect example of that
After I had chosen my Blogger Picks it was time to start inspiring the customers in the Cardiff store! It was lovely to share everything I have learnt from growing up with parents who renovated houses, and now my own personal experiences of doing up my own property.
One of the ladies I spoke too had a long hallway similar to mine and wanted advice on how to create more light in what was a rather dark space of her home, we discussed wall colour, using mirrors to reflect light, simplifying the hallway to create a sense of space as well as adding some extra lighting.
Overall it was a lovely way to spend an afternoon and one of the reason why I love doing what I do, so come and check out some more inspiration on my blog www.sidestreetstyle.com