Ashley madison

Dating apps mean more connections being made over the phone than face to face. HuffPost asked: are dating apps the future, or do people still prefer meeting up the old-fashioned way?
Facebook's in the firing line for the capture of 87-million customers' data. Here are five other companies that have faced similar breaches over the years:
Whilst many of the political proponents of age verification accept that an absolute minimum of 30% of users will be technologically literate enough to obviate these controls by using VPN's, proxies, or TOR; unless the BBFC and DCMS address these concerns it will be the remaining 70% of adult users in the UK who will be risking the privacy and security of their personal sexual information.
Data is supposed to be the new oil, powering all industries and underpinning major business decisions. That said, ask any Tom, Dick or Harry on the street what the word data means to them and they are likely to draw a blank.
Unless you've been living under a rock for the past decade, you'll have witnessed proof that digitisation has taken over our lives. With there now being more internet-connected devices than humans on earth and even fridges and kettles being connected, it's sadly inevitable that malicious organisations will attempt to access our data.
Noel Biderman, the CEO of Ashley Madison, has resigned according to a statement from the organisation's parent company, Avid
At the moment, any company can get hacked at any time. So it is moot whether moral or legal responsibility to protect data ultimately lies with a business. Once your data has been stolen, there's little recourse - it's going to be very inconvenient for you.
What goes around comes around. As it turns out, these words are ringing true for Ashley Madison, the extramarital dating
The data was dumped on the so-called dark web, which is not accessible through standard search engines such as Google. The
The data is currently available to anyone. At this stage it is still too soon to fully grasp the extent of the problem, but it is likely that over the next few days we will begin to see a rise in the number of websites, blogs, and even social media accounts aimed at divulging the names.