So pervasive is the selfie trend, that it seems that nothing is sacred - not even patients undergoing surgery. Recently, a photograph was posted and spread widely on social media, depicting a surgeon holding a large piece of skin he had removed from a patient's abdomen.
The findings of a review carried out at Spire Healthcare, have revealed that appraisal systems at two of their private hospitals were seriously lax and allowed an unacceptably poor standard of treatment to continue unheeded for far too long.
Claims this week of a 'toxic cocktail' poisoning the NHS might be accurate enough, but they do little to aid in the campaign for real change to standards of care in UK hospitals.
Mrs Drucker died as a result of a doctor's error. Who says so? The doctor. Dr Brian Goldman was a resident in the Emergency