02/07/2012 06:35 BST | Updated 01/09/2012 06:12 BST

Tales From the Middle of Nowhere (Vol. 2): Where I Get Over Illness to Play Four Blinders

So... now then... yes comrades!!

I've been having so much fun that I've forgotten to send one of these things for ages. Sorry 'bout that but you know how it is (or maybe you don't?)!

Anyway let's see what I can remember eh? So, if my memory serves me correct I was in Stuttgart, in Germany, with a dirty little cold worrying over whether to pull the following night's gig or not? Is that right? You tell me? I think so. Got dosed up on hot whisky and Lemsip (the blackcurrant ones!) and sleeping tablets (to be taken responsibly young 'uns... just saying). Woke up the next afternoon in a very damp bed, freezing cold. It did the trick though. Felt well enough to get up and get down (so to speak!) and lo and behold the gig was fucking mega! The wiggers had done the trick!! Onwards to Hamburg feeling much better. Another day on the hot wiggers and Lemsip and ANOTHER top show! Who'd've thought? Not me that's for sure.

Think we had three gigs in a row which is unusual (for me anyway) and the next one was a big one... that Isle of Wight Festival. Reports on the news made it sound like some kind of recreation of a First World War battlefield. Now, I've never been to the Isle of Wight, so I was looking forward to it very much. Woke up in the New Forest and yes!!! The sun was out! It was actually sunny!! So much so that me and Nancy went for a lovely little middle-class walk amongst the flowers and the bushes and the trees and the horses... actually that might have been the day after... not sure, but I do remember walking amongst the flowers and the bushes and the trees and the horses.

You have to get a ferry to the Isle of Wight and I'll tell you something comrades, it was most pleasant. We even went up on deck and took photos... of what I'm not quite sure but photos were taken all the same. We had ANOTHER great show... the third great show in a row, which is unusual (for me anyway). This drinking whisky malarkey is fucking MEGA!! Great crowd although some young 'uns did get a bit excited and lit up a few flares and one did get lobbed on stage but no damage done and it added a bit of chaos to the proceedings which is no bad thing. That fella "the Boss" approved 'cause he was watching from the side of the stage and was laughing his little head off!!

So then we had a day off in the New Forest. The hangover wasn't too bad. More than manageable. Flew into the great city of Dublin that night for a gig the next day with them Red Hot Chilli Peppers and guess what? ANOTHER GREAT SHOW!!! That must be some kind of record? It must be. I can't ever remember doing FOUR GREAT gigs in a row? Considering five days prior to that I was gonna call the doctor out for I sick-note, I'm pretty fucking impressed!!!

The singer from that band U2 came to see us with that fella Danger Mouse. It was great to see 'em. We had to leg it early though, back to London for an all too brief visit to see Bunny Dread and the Mighty I... that was yesterday... and today I'm in the very wet city of Oslo in Norway.

And that comrades... is that! You can consider yourself up to speed.

No doubt tonight's gig will be shite.

I will let you know.