I saw myself described as a 'Pop Diva' in an Australian newspaper a couple of days ago, ironically in the headline to an article telling of my desire to spend my entire life five months pregnant! To me, the word 'diva' calls to mind volcanic hissy fits and outrageous tour riders - both of which couldn't be further from my current reality (unless you count Ethan's borderline pyrotechnic eruptions if I'm running late with his dinner).
I do, however, quite like the idea that people think I am demanding unicorns and gold-plated cup cakes in my dressing room rather than fumbling around for a fresh packet of baby wipes as my son deposits something unpleasant down the back of my hastily-donned couture dress. Oh the glamour! These days my 'rider' reads more like a Mothercare shopping list than a high-maintenance missive.
Dannii's 'Mummy tour rider'
- Marks and Spencer Petit Bebe Pure Cotton Assorted Bibs (£5 pack of five)
- Mustela Extra Thick Baby Wipes (OK, I confess I import these – no expense spared when it comes to my boy's bot!!!)
- Nature Within Baby Bottom Balm (£9 plus shipping)
- Mothercare Swaddling Blankets (£14.99)
- Wayne Gratz Sleepy Baby Suite (£15)
- Phillips Avent Freeflow Dummies (from £3.95) with Coodilly dummy chains (from £19)
...and for Mummy
- Burt's Bees Mama Bee Leg and Foot Crème - for when I take my heels off and put my feet up (£11.99)
- Lanolips lip moisturizer – the only lip balm that solved the cracked lips I seemed to get from the minute I fell pregnant. The tinted ones work really well - I used them when we went out to dinner and I still love them and use them now I have Ethan (£10.99)