The Ritz Carlton in Cannes is literally oozing with actors and models and I've been fortunate enough to spend pretty much the whole day there doing interviews today (no South of France tan for me) . Here are my five MyDaily moments from Cannes Film Festival day two...
1. This is a very big moment (well for me at least) I finally got to meet the fabulous, brilliant and beautiful Angelina Jolie in the flesh! Admittedly I didn't get to touch her but I was sat only two meters away from the film icon in an interview. It was strange seeing someone I've watched and admired for so long in real life, but she didn't disappoint with flawless skin, a demure cream outfit and big sparkly green jewels around her wrist and finger (one daren't imagine how much they are worth), she looked every bit the Hollywood A-lister. We were there to talk about her new film Kung Fu Panda 2, but predictably questions started to delve into her private life. Surprisingly Angelina didn't mind talking about her children as she told us they're all in Cannes with her and love it here.
2. Being chatted up by The Graduate star Dustin Hoffman was also a pretty big moment today. I say chatted up, I don't really know what he was doing, but he asked me if when I meet guys in bars I say "Hi Sarah from AOL" and also told me I'm far too young to know what inner peace is, wacky right? At the end of our interview he proceeded to shake my hand and ask me where I live. Turns out Dustin (yes we're now on first name terms) knows where Buckinghamshire is as he's directing a movie set in a country house there. He told me the name of the pub it's near and I promised I will visit. I'll let you know how that goes...
3. Jack Black often annoys me in films, with his immature jokes and shouty nature, but he sure does know how to liven up a press conference. This morning he proceeded to sing Bobby McFerrin's version of "Blackbird" after one Italian journalist asked the Kung Fu Panda 2 stars if they thought pandas really have existential problems. "Undoubtedly!" said Dustin Hoffman. "No," said Black, then he reconsidered. .. "Those weak moments, while gnawing on a bamboo shoot, do they think, What is life all about? What is the point? In this meaningless universe that goes on forever?" You've gotta love a bit of Hollywood randomness.
4. Yesterday I saw Jodie Foster wondering around the reception area of the Ritz, this morning it was a bored looking, wet haired, Alexa Chung. She wore a short denim dungaree dress and looked very casual compared to the many suits scurrying around the lobby, perhaps she was wondering where her breakfast had got to?
5. Realising my French isn't what it used to be had a rather funny consequence today. After asking for what I thought was a cup of tea I ended up with Lipton Ice Tea and warm frothy milk. Something was definitely lost in translation.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more