I'm not a dieter and I can never understand friends who do those radical detox diets where they live on hot lemon juice or cabbage soup for days on end. If I did that I'd last about half an hour!
I like the 'grazing' approach to food, eating small amounts frequently throughout the day. If I eat like this I can avoid getting light-headed and it helps stabilize my metabolism, keeping me feeling energized all day long.
I love a treat as much as the next girl but woman can't live on Lamingtons alone! Regular, healthy snacks are an important part of my eating plan – here are some of my favourites.
My omelette recipe:
Small handful of grated cheddar cheese or crumbled goats cheese
Fresh vegetables (optional)
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat a non-stick pan.
2. Whisk two eggs and pour them into the hot pan, continuing to beat as you pour.
3. Turn down the heat to medium and sprinkle omelette with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
4. Leave for about one minute, then sprinkle some cheddar or goats cheese, spreading it evenly across the surface of the omelette.
5. If you need help to get to your five daily portions of veggies, add yummy crunchy sliced capsicum, mushrooms, courgette or fresh spinach leaves.
6. Use a spatula or slotted egg turner to fold the omelette over on itself.
7. Gently brown each side of the omelette, leaving the centre a little runny (you don't want it to look like a pie-shaped piece of rubber).
8. Slide the omelette out of the pan gently and serve with a smear of basil pesto for a little extra kick.