A little girl of just twenty months old was given an OVERDOSE of painkillers and sent home from hospital with an undiagnosed broken elbow.
Toddler Meaha Murdoch was reportedly not X-rayed at Hairmyres Hospital in East Kilbride when her parents took her there with her right arm in agony.
Instead of a thorough examination, the tot was instead given what her father says was an 'overdose of ibuprofen painkiller' in a visit described by him as a 'catalogue of disasters'.
"It was double the recommended dose and the doctor only spotted it when I questioned him after he gave it to Meaha. That is sheer incompetence," outraged Michael Murdoch, 30, told the Daily Record.
Mr and Mrs Murdoch subsequently took their distressed daughter to Glasgow's Yorkhill Children's Hospital, where an X-ray revealed a fracture in her right arm.
Her furious dad has now lodged a complaint against Hairmyres.
In a statement, NHS Lanarkshire said: "Unfortunately we cannot discuss individual cases due to patient confidentiality.
"The family have contacted us and we have asked them to write formally with their concerns so we can fully investigate these."
Shocking! Have you ever experienced anything like this?
More:Advice And Health
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more