ENTERTAINMENT

Prince Denied Access To Host A Concert Under The Eiffel Tower

15/06/2012 11:13 | Updated 15 June 2012

Prince has had his Eiffel Tower proposal rejected by the city's mayor.

The US pop star had hoped to perform a concert under the famous Parisian landmark on July 14, but the mayor turned down the offer because it would clash with Bastille Day celebrations.

A close aide to mayor Bertrand Delanoe told AFP: "Our priority is the July 14 fireworks at the Eiffel Tower, which is not compatible with this project.

"We are ready to study another concert date, discussions are under way."

Prince's producer in France, Jackie Lombard, said another date in September had been suggested to the city for a concert in association with a charity that fights HIV/AIDS but the city had not yet replied to this proposal.

The Purple Rain singer, who turned 54 last week, has recently been touring Australia and last month put on a secret intimate gig at Bennetts Lane Jazz Club.

PHOTOS: Check out his best album covers below...

Prince Album Covers
Suggest a correction
Comments

CONVERSATIONS