PARENTS

Firefighters Cut Free Toddler Who Got His Head Stuck In A Toilet Seat!

24/08/2012 09:41 | Updated 22 May 2015
Firefighters cut free toddler who got his head stuck in a toilet seat!Cascade

How do all these toddlers do it?

Little James Brayshaw, two, is the third little person we've met who has got a toilet training seat stuck on his head!

His mum, Deborah Price, 36, a nurse from Manchester, tried to pull the seat off James' head, but to no avail. She tried soapy water but it wouldn't budge, and she ended up calling for help from the fire brigade to get James loo-se.

"I usually move the seat when James has used it, but I forgot and left it there," explains Deborah. "He must have been curious because he picked it up and put it on his head. I tried to pull it off, but his ears kept getting stuck. I didn't know what to do."

Deborah's partner, Mark Brayshaw, was at work and could not help so she rang Fairfield General Hospital, in Bury, Greater Manchester, for advice.

They told her to phone the fire service and she went through their control room as she did not want to call 999.

"I was really embarrassed but the fire service were great. James loved seeing the firemen," says Deborah. "He had been really upset but he calmed down when they arrived and did exactly what they told him. The plastic was quite thick but they used a hacksaw and pliers and managed to remove it."

Afterwards, James was given a tour of the fire engine and was allowed to climb inside.

"James loved sitting in the fire engine and hasn't stopped talking about it since," says Deborah. "The firefighters were absolutely brilliant. I don't know what I would have done without them."

Click on our gallery below for more misadventures from the little people of this world...

More:

Toddlers
Suggest a correction