Hair Ball Weighing FOUR POUNDS Removed From Hair-Chewing Student's Stomach

04/10/2012 15:08 | Updated 22 May 2015
Hairball weighing FOUR POUNDS removed from hair-eating student's stomachBuzz60

Doctors have removed a massive four-pound hairball from the stomach of a 19-year-old girl – caused by her absent-mindedly eating her hair and chalk in class.

The young woman from India, went to Maharaja Yeshwantrao Hospital in Indore complaining that she hadn't been able to eat or drink for a few days, according to reports.

When doctors investigated they found the hairball stuck between her stomach and small intestine.

Apparently the student had a habit of snacking on her own hair and chalk while in class. This led to an intestinal obstruction that choked up the girl's stomach, leaving her unable to take in anything else.

A team of gastro-surgeons were later able to successfully remove the giant hairball that was wrapped around a chunk of chalk.

And the moral of this story? If you're bored, bite your fingernails - they're healthier!


Suggest a correction