A shocked mum has told CBS news that she found a NOSE RING in the McDonald's burrito she bought her four-year-old daughter for breakfast.
Frances Rosario, from Lawrenceville, Georgia, had ordered two breakfast burritos using coupons at her local outlet last Wednesday.
As they started eating them Frances suddenly noticed something sticking out of little Nevaeh's burrito.
"I turned it and I see this piece of jewelry sticking out," the furious mum said, "I'm like, "What the heck is this?'"
Upon examining the take-away, she found a large silver nose ring - which she says was just a few bites away from being swallowed by Nevaeh.
"My concern was that if something happened and she had swallowed it," Frances told CBS Atlanta. "That's unsanitary, that's not something you would serve your customers."
Outraged Ms Rosario claims that when she then phoned the restaurant to complain, she was told 'it happens'.
A further call to a supervisor still left her with no answers or apology.
"'I don't know what to tell you'," Frances says she was told. "And I said, 'Well, is there a district manager I can get in contact with?' And she turns around and says, 'It's none of your business'."
CBS say that calls to McDonald's headquarters in Illinois have not been returned.
Meanwhile, Frances says the whole experience has put her off going back to the restaurant.
"For now, I'm going to stay back from McDonald's for a little while," she said.
More:Advice And Health
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more