Comic Relief kicks off its 25th anniversary properly tonight on BBC1, with lots of celebrities doing something 'funny for money'...
Here are just some of the highlights of the evening's big charity extravaganza - what will you be tuning in for?
- One Direction will perform this this year’s official Red Nose Day single ‘One Way or Another (Teenage Kicks)’ - a mash up of Blondie and The Undertones, while singer Jessie J will finally be taking on her big ‘Dare’ and will be shaving her head down to 0.5mm live on the night.
- David Walliams getting up close and personal with Hugh Grant, with the two men sharing an intimate moment on Walliams' doorstep. Plus, the Little Britain star will be revealing a secret to a number of celebrities he has become close to over the last year.
- James Corden will reprise his role as the loveable Smithy, and Will Ferrell will be returning to screens as San Diego’s favourite Anchorman, Ron Burgundy, in a one-off sketch recorded especially for Red Nose Day.
- A one-off comedy special of 'Call the Midwife', as Miranda Hart, Jessica Raine, Pam Ferris, Jenny Agutter and the other midwives struggle to get to grips with a particularly unusual birth!
- Simon Cowell will surprise many by walking down the aisle in front of a close-knit circle of celebrity friends and acquaintances, as he finally looks set to marry in what promises to be the wedding of the year.
- The Vicar of Dibley will return to TV screens with an unmissable one-off sketch for Comic Relief. Back together for the first time in seven years, the cast are reunited for a 10 minute special, written by Richard Curtis.
- Peter Kay will be pushing himself to his physical limits and taking on the ‘toughest challenge ever undertaken for Red Nose Day’ as he forces himself to sit down for practically a whole week. The highs and lows of Peter’s gruelling adventure will be shown on the night, with the comedian hoping to make a triumphant arrival live at BBC Television Centre.
- Rowan Atkinson will address the nation as the new Archbishop of Canterbury, sharing his views on the importance of fundraising for “Red Nose in Need”, in a script written and directed by Richard Curtis.
- Slough’s most famous salesman, David Brent, will be back for a Red Nose Day special and this time the legendary businessman will be employing his talents as a music producer.
- MasterChef will have the Comic Relief treatment, with comedians Jack Whitehall and Micky Flanagan going head-to-head in a cook off for the one and only Dame Edna Everage.
- Agnes Brown, from Mrs Brown’s Boys, will be telling the nation all about the ways she has raised money for Comic Relief, whilst Russell Howard has filmed a special Good News which will feature some of his favourite funny moments from the last year.
- Award-winning magician Dynamo will also be performing a mindboggling trick that promises to leave viewers awestruck and there will also be highlights from 'Fresh Meat’s university challenge; Fresh Meat does Comic Relief.
- Other presenters include Michael McIntyre, Rob Brydon, John Bishop, Zoe Ball, Lenny Henry, Davina McCall, Jack Whitehall, Nick Grimshaw, Jonathan Ross, Dermot O’Leary, Claudia Winkleman, Alan Carr, David Walliams and Russell Brand.
- The serious side of Red Nose Day will also be on display, with appeal films from John Bishop, Brenda Blethyn, Rob Brydon, Davina McCall and Bill Nighy to show how the money raised could help change lives both here in the UK and in Africa.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more