If you're planning a wedding, you've probably noticed how annoying everyone else is when it comes to your big day. I'm talking the groom, your bridesmaids, both families, the caterer... it's a long list, right?
But here's the thing, being in a permanent state of frustration is something all brides experience and if you accept these inconvenient truths of wedding planning, there's a chance you might make it out of this with your sanity intact...
1. People will try to upstage you EVEN ON YOUR WEDDING DAY. Jesus, the sheer nerve of them. Every bride experiences it one way or the other, whether it's a look-at-me sister, a mother/mother-in-law wearing white or a guest you just know will let their sodding baby scream through the whole service. Take solace in this, it even happened to the Duchess of Cambridge, but at the end of the day you'd rather be the one people remember as a princess than the one who's got the nice arse (naturally you've got one of those too, don't worry).
2. You're fiancé doesn't think it's as big a deal as you do. It's true and it sucks but he will not offer to organise the cake. Nor will he independently make suggestions about floral arrangements or what the welcome drinks should be. Why? Girl, he doesn't care. He loves you, wants to make an honest woman of you, etc, but as soon as you accepted his proposal, the wedding became your responsibility. Yes, I know, FFS.
3. Guests will insist on bringing people they've been dating for five minutes. Don't they understand you're paying £70 a head? Don't they? Er, no, they just want to show off who they're shagging at the moment. Give them a firm no, think of the pictures.
4. Friends are sick of you talking about it. Especially single ones, their lives are still blissfully wonderful in a way that is only possible pre-wedding and pre-children. You need to get yourself an engaged pal who's equally obsessed with Brides magazine/ Pinterest/ every bridal blog on the planet.
5. No one else can make this wedding as good as you can. I know, I know - you're exhausted, you need help, you're sick of doing everything by yourself. But babe, all those people will do it wrong. It's your vision, your big day and with you at the wheel, it's going to be perfect.