1. Every childhood family photo album is just a montage of you working some kind of orange and brown ensemble, next to some orange and brown furniture.
2. You spent hours colouring in the salon while your mum got her perm done.
3. Dungarees were 100 of your clothes came from the Grattan catalogue (and the day it dropped on your doorstep each season was nothing short of glorious).
5. When Madonna wore fingerless gloves, a tulle skirt and grinded like a stripper, it made complete sense to you.
6. Crimped hair was not ironic.
7. The Clothes Show was the best thing on telly.
8. Ponytails were so tight you had constant migraine for about half the decade.
9. Nice girls didn't wear Charlie Red.
10. Every jumper featured an animal (usually a sheep, a dog or a tiger).
11. Tiffani Amber Thiessen was your style icon
12. You had a Christmas scrunchie.
LOVE THE EIGHTIES?
Check out our gallery of all things fashion from the decade and read how its trends changed fashion here.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more