This tasty cake is completely free from dairy, gluten or eggs. It's crispy on the outside, moist and sweet on the inside, and makes the most of that match made in heaven: apple and cinnamon. My goodness, it's just so good! Here's what to do...
You will need:
170g vegan margarine
200g caster sugar
3 rounded tsp Orgran Egg Replacer
200g gluten-free self-raising flour
2 small green eating apples
3-4 tbsp sweetened soya milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
A medium sized loaf tin
A loaf tin liner or greaseproof
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan assisted).
2. In a large bowl, beat the margarine and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the Ogran and stir in the flour and cinammon.
3. Peel and core the apples, chop into 1-2cm pieces and add to the mix.
4. Stir in the soya milk, a little at a time until you get a mixture that is thick but drops of the spoon. Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin.
5. Bake for 1 to 1.5 hours until a skewer comes out clean (a little-bit sticky is fine).
Eat on its own, serve warm with vegan custard, or chill in the fridge and put generous slices in lunchboxes.
Emily is a working mum. She blogs about food, parenting and trying to make it all work.
Blogs at: A Mummy Too