My kids have started to get into comics lately. Before, they'd nag me to buy them for the plastic bit of tut on the cover, but now they actually read them, do the puzzles – and even cook the recipes (with a little help from Yours Truly).
These Fruit 'n Nut Rox Cakes are from Moshi Monsters magazine. They are so simple and the results are monstrously good...
Makes 12 cakes
225g self-raising flour
50g granulated sugar
1 tbsp milk
100g dried fruit (we used mango)
100g mixed nuts, bashed (optional)
1. Sieve the flour into a large bowl. Add the butter and get the kids to use their fingers to rub the mixture into crumbs, then stir in the sugar.
2. Add the fruit and nuts (if using).
3. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl and then add it to the mixture. Stir until combined.
4. Pour in the milk and stir the mixture until it has totally blended. Add more milk if the mix is too crumbly.
5. Line a cupcake tray with paper cases and dollop a tablespoon or two of mixture into each.
6. Put in a preheated oven at 180C/Gas 4 for 15 mins.
7. Allow to cool, then sprinkle a little sugar on top.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more