About pan-fried chicken
This delicious meal from Red Tractor is super easy, cooked in one pan and is packed full of bright colours and flavours to tempt any taste buds.
Recipe rating: 5.0 stars
Rapseed oil: 1 tbsp
Back bacon: 4 slices
Spring onion: large bunch
Garlic cloves: 2
Chicken stock: 450ml
Shelled peas: 200g
Little gem lettuce: 3
Salted butter: 15g
Lemon juice: half one lemon
Salt and pepper: to season to taste
- 1.Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Set a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the rapeseed oil and fry the chicken pieces, skin-side down for five minutes until the skin is beginning to turn golden brown. Turn the heat down and cook for 20 minutes.
- 2.By now the skin should be quite crispy and there should be fat in the pan. Carefully remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a baking sheet or in a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- 3.Remove and discard most of the fat from the pan. Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until it begins to colour. Turn the heat right right down and add the spring onions. After two minutes add the garlic. Stir for 30 seconds as the onions and garlic colour, then put in the stock.
- 4. Bring to the boil and scrape the bottom of the pan for the crusty brown bits.
- 5. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce starts to thicken slightly, then add the peas and lettace and the chicken pieces.
- 6. Return to the boil and simmer until the peas are cooked and the chicken is piping hot. Just before serving add the butter and lemon juice. Season to taste and serve.