This is a really simple card idea that can be made by even the youngest of toddlers. You can adapt it to make the tree more of a Christmas tree shape to make it look a bit more seasonal.You will need:
- decorated tree cards cut into tree shapes. You can either do this yourself with a template or draw free hand, or get ready made shapes.
- Paint - we used red and green
- Glue - we used both PVA glue and Pritt Stick
- Decorations for the tree - we used pom poms as baubles and strips of shredded tissue as tinsel. You could use real tinsel, sparkly pipe cleaners, sequins, glitter or anything else!
- It's ideal for younger children as it doesn't matter where they place the decorations on the tree or how carefully (or not) they put them on, it will still give that decorated tree effect.
To make this into a Christmas card, simply write your message on the back - or you could mount the decorated tree shape onto a traditional folded card.
Here's one of the finished cards.
I'm a stay at home mum to my three boys. We're a mixed race Muslim family living in London. We all love crafts, books, sensory play, anything educational, anything Disney, days out and trying new experiences!
Blogs at: In the playroom