Chelsea could be forced to sell some of their starrier names to finance the strengthening of their forward line.
Even though it was the defenders who gifted Paris Saint-Germain three goals on Wednesday night, José Mourinho could not resist having an umpteenth dig at his strikers, none of whom have bathed themselves in glory this season.
Mourinho is apparently keen to offload Samuel Eto'o, Fernando Torres and Demba Ba, but the likelihood is that that trio will command a combined fee of between £20-30 million, so the Mirror have speculated Eden Hazard and Oscar might have to go, too.
It is unlikely Mourinho would be receptive such a scenario, especially after he anointed Oscar as his No.10 earlier this season and Hazard has developed into a world-class forward under the Potruguese's management. Atlético Madrid striker Diego Costa and Bayern Munich's Mario Mandžukić are both linked with moves to Stamford Bridge this morning (again).
Eden Hazard and Oscar are two of Chelsea's most valuable players
Romelu Lukaku's clout could rocket now he is Belgium's first-choice striker at the World Cup following Christian Benteke's injury, and the Mirror have put 2+2 together to conclude he will join Everton if they qualify for the Champions League.
Lukaku's agent said on Thursday he was in talks with Tottenham, which contradicted his client's quotes in February, when he stated he needed to play in the Champions League.
Chelsea will want £25m for Lukaku, who has never scored for the club he joined in 2011.
Everton are also reportedly interested in Wilfried Bony, although Swansea City's interim coach Garry Monk says they will not sell the Ivory Coast international, who arrived last summer.
The MEN say Manchester City are interested in Monaco goalscorer Radamel Falcao, despite boasting four quality strikers as it is - with director of football Txiki Begiristain reported to have met the 28-year-old and his agent.
The Mail add the Blues will shore up their defence with the acquisition of Eliaquim Mangala, who was close to completing a move to Eastlands along with Porto teammate Fernando in January.
And Yevhen Konoplyanka - the near-unpronounceable Ukrainian Liverpool wanted in January, could still move to Merseyside this summer, according to his English representative.