Easter chocolate isn't just for kids. This deliciously decadent chocolate and salted caramel tart is a very adult way to celebrate Easter. Just hide it from the children because they'll love it too!
320g all-butter sweet dessert pastry sheet
1/2 tsp Maldon sea salt
397g can Nestle Carnation Caramel
200ml double cream
4 tsp runny honey
175g dark chocolate, broken into squares
90g butter, cubed
1. Heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Grease a 23cm loose-based fluted flan tin. Unroll the pastry and press into the base and sides of the tin (you can use an off-cut of pastry dough to do this). Chill for 10 mins before trimming the edge.
2. Mix the salt into the caramel in a bowl.
3. Trim off the pastry edges, fill the pasty case with baking parchment and baking beans and bake for 15 mins. Remove the paper and beans and cook for 5 more mins until the pastry is crisp and golden.
4. Cool the pastry case, then spoon in the salted caramel.
5. Heat the cream and honey in a pan. When it's steaming our over the chocolate. Stir to combine, then stir in the butter.
6. Pour over the caramel and chill for 4-6 hours.
7. Slice and serve with a dollop of mascarpone cheese.
More on Parentdish: Fantastic Easter recipes, including cupcakes in a jar and Easter egg sugar biscuits.