Two-year-old twin sisters drowned just three days after they were flower girls at their parents' wedding.
The inseparable pair were found together holding hands after they drowned in rain water which had gathered in a neighbour's pool cover.
Jocelyn and Shaylyn Spurlock - known by relatives as the 'Tornado Twins' - had wandered off from their grandparent's home in Aurora, Indiana, US, where they were staying.
Their lifeless bodies were found just an hour later - still holding hands.
The twins had been staying with their grandmother, who fell asleep, as their mum went to the shops to buy a cabinet for a dining service she had been bought as a wedding present.
While the children were watching their favourite TV show their gran left the room and fell asleep.
When mum Bryeanna Spurlock returned a short time later they were missing.
The family searched for the twins, shouting, and found toys they had dropped in nearby woods. But a neighbour then found the bodies in the cover of the above ground pool after he spotted a pink jumper.
Their devastated grandfather Jim Conley, 65, said: "They were holding hands and lying side by side."
Mr Conley, who is separated from his wife, said the girls - who would have been three next month - spent every moment together and slept in the same bed together.
Three days earlier, dressed in matching white sparkly gowns with their short blonde hair in pig tails, the twins walked down the aisle at Hope Baptist Church in Dillsboro scattering rose petals behind them for the wedding of their mum Bryeanna, 28, and dad Brad, 29.
On Saturday at their funeral a pink pillow stitched with the words 'Tornado Twins' was pinned inside the coffin.
The girls were buried in their flower girl dresses in a coffin decorated with angels.
The service was held at the same church where their parents married.
Their grandfather added: "To see them two lying in the coffin side by side holding hands... it was so hard to see it because they were just so full of life.
"They were never, ever apart - if one walked off, the other one would catch up. We brought two beds to the house and they would only sleep in one."
Their parents had just bought a bigger home so the girls would have room to play in the back garden.
Mr Conley added: "They loved their children dearly. They were my precious little babies, and they're gone now."
He said the tragedy could not have been prevented because the neighbours who owned the pool had been away on holiday.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more