That Bob Hoskins was loved and respected was never in any doubt. But following a touching blog from his daughter Rosa about the lessons and principles he instilled in her, he also clearly was an amazing father.
Here are the 11 lessons she wrote in tribute to her dad:
1) Laugh. There’s humour to be found everywhere, even your darkest days there’s something to have a joke about.
2) Be yourself. If someone doesn't like you they’re either stupid, blind, or they’ve got bad taste. Accept who you are, you've got no one else to be.
3) Be flamboyant, it’s who you are and always have been. Be eccentric and unique. Don’t try to adapt yourself to someone else’s view of normal.
4) Don’t worry about other people’s opinions. Everyone’s a critic, but ultimately what they say only matters if you let it.
5) Get angry, it’s ok to lose your temper now and then. If anger stays in, it turns to poison and makes you bitter and sad. Get angry, say your piece, then let it go.
6) What ever you do, always give it a good go. Don’t be afraid of failure and disappointment.
7) Be generous and kind because you can’t take it with you. When you’ve got something to give, give it without hesitation.
8) Appreciate beauty, take pictures and make memories. Capture it, you never know when it’ll be gone.
9) Don’t take yourself too seriously. People who take themselves too seriously are boring.
10) Never, ever, ever, ever give up. Keep on punching no matter what your up against.
11) Love with all your heart. In the end, love is the only thing that matters.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more