Michael Kors is one of the world's biggest fashion labels but how much do you know about the man behind the brand?
From his celebrity client list (it includes Gwyneth Paltrow, Alicia Keys, Miranda Kerr and Zoe Saldana to name a few), to the rise of the Chinese fashion industry, Kors addresses some of the biggest issues in his field in this one-off video interview.
Tune in below to watch the New York-based designer in conversation with Imran Ahmed, the founder of The Business of Fashion, live from Shanghai at 2pm (UK time) on 8 May.
LOVE MICHAEL KORS? You probably didn't know this about him...
1. Michael Kors is not his real name. The designer was born Karl Anderson Jr. but when his mother re-married his stepfather Bill Kors, he also changed his name to Michael David Kors.
2. Kors helped to redesign his mother's wedding dress at the age of five. Really.
3. If he wasn't a fashion designer, Kors would probably be an actor. He appeared in TV ads for Lucky Charms and Charmin and went on to attend acting classes in New York before starting his career in fashion.
4. After working as a designer at the French fashion house Celine, Kors was made creative director of the brand from 1999 to 2003.
5. Sportswear Holdings Limited acquired an 85 per cent stake in Michael Kors for $100m (approximately £63,355,000) in 2003.
Don't miss the highlights from Kors' Autumn/Winter 2014 collection at New York Fashion Week below:
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more