Eugenie "Genie" Bouchard has reached her first ever Grand Slam final following her Wimbledon semi-final win over Romanian Simona Halep.
Bouchard defeated the third seed 7-6 (7-5) 6-2 to continue her excellent majors record this calendar year, having reached the last four at the Australian and French Open.
Here's everything you need to know about tennis' latest golden girl...
- She is named after Princess Eugenie, her twin sister is named after Princess Beatrice and her brother is named William. Her mother loves the royal family.
- She is the first Canadian to reach a Grand Slam women's final. Toronto’s Carling Bassett reached the semis at the U.S. Open in 1984.
- Junior Wimbledon winner in 2012
- Voted WTA Newcomer of the Year in 2013
- She is already drawing comparisons with Maria Sharapova. Bouchard’s agent, Sam Duvall, even said: "I really think she has the ability to be more marketable than Maria. She speaks the two languages."
- Bouchard attended The Study, a private all-girls school, until she moved to Florida at the age of 12 to pursue her tennis career.
- She used to be obsessed with the Jonas brothers.
- Her "dream date" is Justin Bieber.
- If her tennis career didn’t take off, Bouchard said she'd be an air traffic controller.