ENTERTAINMENT

Tulisa Contostavlos Found Guilty Of Assaulting Blogger Vas Morgan, Days After Drug Trial Collapses

25/07/2014 11:14 BST | Updated 25/07/2014 14:59 BST

Tulisa Contostavlos has been convicted of assaulting celebrity blogger Vas Morgan at V Festival in 2013, just days after her drugs trial collapsed at Southwark Crown Court.

Tulisa has announced her plans to appeal against the ruling. See all the details of her appeal here.

The former ‘X Factor’ judge was found guilty at Stratford Magistrates’ Court and her assistant Gareth Varey was cleared of using threatening behaviour.

tulisa

Tulisa arriving at Stratford Magistrates' court this morning

District Judge Angus Hamilton told the court: "I am quite sure to the requisite standard of proof, based on my analysis of the evidence that I have heard, that Ms Contostavlos did strike Mr Morgan in the face during an argument and that that blow caused minor bruising and swelling."

As the verdict was given, Tulisa smiled in disbelief and shook her head. When leaving the courtroom, she appeared to mutter: "This is bulls***."

Tulisa has been ordered to pay a total of £3020. This consists of a £2700 payment towards prosecution costs, a £200 fine, £100 in compensation to Mr Morgan and a £20 victim surcharge.

The judge stated that Tulisa had acted in a "confrontational" manner during the altercation with the victim.

"Her decision to seek to deal with Mr Morgan herself strikes me as aggressive and confrontational," he said, adding that he had a “number of points of concern” about the singer’s evidence during the trial.

He found that she “changed her account” of her actions, first claiming she raised her hands defensively, before later stating they remained by her sides.

tulisa

Gareth, right, arrived with Tuilsa

Tulisa had to wait a month to hear the verdict after the judge at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court, where the case was previously being heard, decided more witness statements were required.

Earlier this month, the former N-Dubz star stood trial for being concerned with the supply of class A drugs, a charge which she denied.

On Monday 21 July the case was thrown out of court by the judge, who stated there were “strong grounds” to believe The Sun’s undercover reporter Mahzer Mahmood had lied in the witness box.

Since her drugs trial was thrown out of court, Tulisa is believed to have been plotting her comeback, which is due to start with the screening of a BBC3 documentary, ‘Tulisa: The Price Of Fame’, on Monday 28 July.

Tulisa was back in the recording studio just 48 hours after her drugs trial collapsed and she's hoping to release her first new material since 2012 later this year, according to reports.

Tulisa At Stratford Magistrates' Court

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW US ON TWITTER