Kate Middleton was at the Blessed Sacrament School in North London alongside John Bishop on Tuesday, and while the duchess was her elegant self in a coral shift dress by Goat, she did have a bit of a hiccup with the hair.
Kate's signature glossy down 'do was replaced by a half-up, half-down style complete with subtle curls.
Now, this is a risky look for two key reasons. Firstly it's easy to end up looking like a preppy school girl and secondly, it rarely stays in place.
We're all for seeing Kate shake up her hairstyle and this retro-inspired look had the potential to really make an "I can do more than a blow dry" statement. But by the time she'd done all her meeting and greeting, her hair was looking less than voluminous.
The curls had dropped and there was a definite frizz situation going on - which we're putting down to lack of hairspray. We've all been there..
If you're determined to make this simple summer hairstyle work, we've got a few tips from Nicky Clarke...
1. Create an off balance centre parting coming diagonally back to the centre of your head.
2. Take sections in the shape of diamonds and start at the face working backwards.
3. Take the sections, comb through and wrap around a curling tong (the Nicky Clarke Mayfair Multistyler is a sure thing) to about ear level.
4. Keep the curling tong horizontal at all times as this will give the look more width when curling, wrap around the barrel but keep the tong moving in a circular motion.
5. Brush back the middle section of hair from the top of your head and pin at the back with kirby grips.
6. Spray a bit of hairspray on the tips of your fingers and make circular motions on the top of your head to add a little volume and make it look more lived in.
LOVE KATE MIDDLETON'S FLAWLESS STYLE? Take a look through this gallery to see more immaculate wardrobe ensembles from the royal.
MORE! Watch all the latest on the duchess right here.