These have all the gooey intensity of a chocolate brownie but they are made lighter by swapping butter for yoghurt. The strawberry jam gives a lovely fruity kick to cut through the rich chocolate.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
200g dark chocolate, (try to use one with around 70 fat Greek yoghurt
150g plain flour
2tbsp strawberry jam
Fresh strawberries to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150 fan/gas 3 and line a 20cmx20cm tin with greaseproof paper. Heat the chocolate over a pan of hot water, stirring occasionally.
2. While the chocolate is melting whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until they're fluffy and thickened. Continue whisking, gradually adding the sugar and then stir in the yoghurt.
3. Gently stir the melted chocolate into the egg mixture until completely combined then sieve in the flour and gently fold in. Pour half of the mixture into the brownie tin spreading onto the corners then drizzle over the strawberry jam.
4. With a skewer or tip of a knife, lightly swirl the jam into the mixture. Add the remaining mixture, again spreading to the corners then bake for 30-35mins until the brownie has a crust on top but is still soft in the middle.
5. Leave to cool in the tin then cut into 16 squares. The consistency improves the next day, so if you can bare it keep them in an airtight tin overnight and serve the following day, with fresh strawberries.
Recipe from Streamline Jam.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more