Who the hell knows what the weather will actually be in Britain each season - luckily, with the gentle persuasions of Fashion Week's finest we've adapted, we've accepted and we've outlined a trend that's a charming IN-YOUR-FACE to bad weather. The in-betweener coat transports you to any desired destination feeling and looking fresh.
The Autumn/Winter 2013 catwalk shows (DKNY, Valentino, Carven) brought us oversized, mannish, tailored, fit-and-flare, plaid, print and the prettiest pink styles you've ever seen. Whilst most will try and do it all, smart girls will opt for a coat that's something in-between to see them through the season change.
1. You feel the cold. Air conditioning is the bane of your life.
2. You'd rather wear an old, musky cagoule than any (monochrome especially) variety of fur.
3. You love a good button down.
4. You're ALL for a classic trench (tied at the waist) because you're so sodding on the case you're Nancy Drew.
5. You think pockets and zips are genius - you like your coats trans-seasonal but also multi-functional because you horde and carry your crap on you, just incases.
6. Hair is slick. The wet look thing? You own it.
Hurrah for the coat that's not too little, too much but just right...
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more