Crushed shortbread, mini marshmallows and glacé cherries mixed up with melted chocolate and scattered with love heart message sweets. Set in the fridge and cut into squares. An easy peasy recipe for kids to make and ideal for school cake stalls as you don't even need to switch your oven on.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
Cook Time: 5 minutesMakes: 12 squares
200g milk chocolate
200g shortbread fingers
100g glacé cherries
50g mini marshmallows
12 love heart sweets
1. Line a 20cm x 20cm tin with greaseproof paper or foil. Chop the chocolate and either melt in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water or in short bursts on full power in the microwave.
2. Chop the shortbread into small pieces, halve the glace cherries and then stir into the chocolate with the mini marshmallows until evenly coated.
3. Turn the mixture out into the prepared tin, pressing into the corners with the back of a spoon to create an even layer.
4. Dot the 12 love heart sweets at equal intervals in three lines of four across the surface of the fridge cake, then pop in the fridge to set.
5. Once solid cut into 12 squares, package up in greaseproof paper and give as Valentine gifts to friends and relatives.