Game of Thrones returns to Sky Atlantic tonight. Here's 10 reasons why you have to get involved...
1. Remember when everyone was banging on about Breaking Bad and you were like a social outcast because you couldn't be bothered to sit through the bloody thing? Don't let yourself be left out again. GoT is a million times better than all of that crystal meth nonsense anyway, and it's got dragons. Did Breaking Bad have dragons?
2. What do you mean you don't like fantasy stuff? You saw Lord of the Rings but didn't really like it? Sorry, but this argument cuts no (fire and) ice. GoT is like Tolkien on weapons-grade crack. Instead of hairy-arsed hobbits and shitty magic rings, you get intense political drama, horses getting their heads chopped off, loads of brilliant gags and Peter Dinklage.
4. The drinking game potential is endless. I'm currently developing one that involves drinking two fingers every time King Joffrey is sent to bed without any supper by Tywin, four fingers whenever Ygritte says "Jon Snow" in that whiny voice, and an entire drink each time a brother shags his sister.
5. It's got plenty of eye candy for the ladies. Exhibit A, Kit Harington...
8. As well as spotting Robson/Jerome you will also be able to have fun pointing out other random faces from British telly. There's the bloke who played Dennis Pennis, a few Hollyoaks actors, and, best of the lot, Diana Rigg, whose character, Lady Olenna Tyrell, is a mother-in-law even more hellish than Maggie Smith in Downton.
9. It inspires YouTube videos like this...
10. And, finally, this...
LOVE THIS WRITER? Follow him on Twitter @WillGore.
MORE! Read all the latest from Will on television here.
More:Have You Seen?
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more