This easy meatball recipe is a great dinner idea that can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes. Leave out the chilli if your kids aren't fans of spicy food.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
170g TOTAL 0% Greek yoghurt
250g extra lean lamb mince
50g fresh white breadcrumbs
2 tsp dried oregnao
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large red onion, very thinly sliced egg
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp caster sugar
100g radishes, coarsely grated and squeezed to remove excess water
A pinch of sugar
4 large wholemeal wraps
Head Cos lettuce, sliced
200g baby plum tomatoes, sliced
100g pitted black olives, sliced
1. In a large bowl mix together the lamb, egg, breadcrumbs, oregano, chilli and 1 garlic clove. Shape into 20 small balls.
2. Heat a large frying pan and spray with oil, add the lamb balls and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning until deep golden and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the onion, half the lemon juice and sugar in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes and drain off any liquid.
4. For the radish tzatziki: In a separate bowl mix together the remaining lemon juice, garlic, radishes and yoghurt. Season with a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Warm the wraps, then top each with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cooked meatballs, onions and radish tzatziki.
More on Parentdish