Kate Middleton and Prince William, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, caught the attention of the world's royal family fans throughout their royal tour of New Zealand and Australia - their first with baby son Prince George.So what did it it take to keep the three in good spirits and ready for the ever-waiting paparazzi? Here's eight exclusive, insider facts about what went on behind the scenes during the royal tour...
2. Prince George's super nutritious diet. The nine month old royal baby has a seriously healthy appetite and his parents were keen to keep him in the best of health while they were travelling. Due to this, nanny Maria Borrallo made fresh purees from organic fruit and vegetables that were delivered to the family everyday. The little prince also loves Plum Organics dairy and additive free baby food and Duchess Kate made sure she was well-stocked up to ensure he didn't get "grumpy".
3. Duchess Kate's royal tour exercise regime. The 32-year-old has always been sporty and didn't want to let her fitness slip while travelling. To stay in the best of health, she practiced yoga at dawn and swam 70 lengths a day.
4. William and Kate's no cake rule. Usually when staying at Admiral's House in Sydney, guests will be served an afternoon tea of delicious cakes. However, the Duke and Duchess requested to sit this part of the service out to avoid carb overload. Instead, they would have muesli bars in their car and while Prince William would have the occasion beer, Duchess Kate would order a Diet Coke.
5. The 6,000 hairdresser. The family were accompanied by Duchess Kate's stylist of choice, Amanda Cook Tucker, who ensured her hair was flawless at all times and chopped a good four inches off her mane while they were away. The Queen is said to be thrilled (she thought the length was drowning Kate).
6. Duchess Kate's £62,000 wardrobe. From Roksanda Ilincic to McQueen, the Duchess did a spectacular job of showing of Britain's best design talent. However, it did come at a cost! In saying that, she did stick to her old high street favorites Russell & Bromley and LK Bennett at times too.
7. Prince George's £700 wardrobe. A snip in comparison to his mumma's and he's still managed to become a style icon. Go George!
8. The welcome back party. Carole and Pippa Middleton, Duchess Kate's mother and sister, are preparing a mighty do for the retuning three at the family home in Berkshire, after which they will have two weeks rest and then return to official royal duties.
Source: Mail on Sunday.
LOVED THE ROYAL TOUR? Relive it with our gallery...