Christian Dior's Spring/Summer 2014 catwalk show during Paris Fashion Week was multi-coloured, masterful and ALL about the floral.
The collection was fun, fresh and held up those signature feminine silhouettes a la Dior that make most laugh in the face of their bank balance. Spend and swoon ladies, spend and swoon.
The fashion house showcased a line was all about a modern aesthetic that played with texture and print. Tops and jackets had school-style badges on the front and arms, clutches were stand-out snakeskin AND floral strapless dresses had slogans like "HYPERREALNESS IN THE DAYTIME". Very flower garden party meets sophisticated sexy.
Here's a few style notes from the show...
1. Double-breasted blazers are sleeveless and teamed with sheer panelled skirts.
2. High shine boucle jackets and coats say you can do classy just like the Parisians do.
3. Floral print is prettier than ever and it's pleated.
4. Occasion wear is of the metallic floral jacquard variety (a la the grand finale!)
5. Accessories hang like blooms in the garden - necklaces drape around the necklines and handbags are big and bulky.
Take a look at the collection in our gallery below, bravo Raf Simons, bravo...