The syringe used by Peaches Geldof shortly before her death has apparently been found in a drawer at the home she shared with husband Tom Cohen, according to reports.
The Sun quotes a source who appears to suggest that police believe the hypodermic needle was moved after the 25-year-old TV presenter and columnist died seven weeks ago of what is believed to be a heroin overdose.
"The needle is believed to have been moved from the bed where her body was found and put in a drawer," the source told the newspaper.
It was initially reported that police who arrived on the scene after the shocking death had not found any signs of drug use or drug-taking paraphernalia. A post mortem examination performed soon after the death proved inconclusive.
But an inquest earlier this month revealed that more detailed toxicology reports indicated that the mum-of-two's death was 'likely' connected to drug use.
Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham told the inquest at Gravesend that 'recent use of heroin and the levels identified were likely to have played a role in her death'.
However, the insider stressed that there was no suspicion of foul play surrounding the discovery of the syringe.
Astala, the couple's older son, was staying with Cohen at his parents' home at the time of the tragedy, but youngest son, Phaedra, then 11 months old, was at the family's home in Wrotham, Kent when his mum passed away.
Detectives investigating her death say that records from the computer she was using at the time suggests she died around 11am, two and half hours before her body was discovered by musician husband Tom, 23.
The former socialite, who died aged just 25, was a prolific user of social media, posting dozens of cute pictures and videos of her sons to her Twitter and Instagram accounts.
A full inquest into the death is due to take place on July 23.