Before Rihanna was being a slightly terrifying sexpot all over your iPod, there was Kelis. And Kelis was awesome.In what way? you ask. Well, how many women can sing that her "milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" and make you come over all goose bumpy (as opposed to collapsing with laughter and just honking til you cry)?
Kelis is a maverick, genuinely cool and just in case you forgot how great she is, here's a snappy five-song playlist of her best tracks from the pre-Rihanna era to soundtrack your Monday evening. The rest of the week is going to feel brilliant after this, promise...
1. Millionaire featuring Andre 300
2. Trick Me (Can we just all take a minute to admire Kelis' outfit in the opening scene of this?)
3. Milkshake (the trainers, the bodice, the beat... damn).
4. Good Stuff (there are no words, just listen)
5. Caught Out There (well, obviously)