Before Rihanna was being a slightly terrifying sexpot all over your iPod, there was Kelis. And Kelis was awesome.
Kelis is a maverick, genuinely cool and just in case you forgot how great she is, here's a snappy five-song playlist of her best tracks from the pre-Rihanna era to soundtrack your Monday evening. The rest of the week is going to feel brilliant after this, promise...
1. Millionaire featuring Andre 300
2. Trick Me (Can we just all take a minute to admire Kelis' outfit in the opening scene of this?)
3. Milkshake (the trainers, the bodice, the beat... damn).
4. Good Stuff (there are no words, just listen)
5. Caught Out There (well, obviously)