One of the easiest ways to get your superfood fix is with breakfast. Seeds and berries can be added to yoghurt or cereals for a morning boost plus rolled oats and dried fruits are packed with vitamin B and antioxidants.
The easiest way to make sure you're getting all these benefits is by making your own superfood breakfast. Neal's Yard shared their "super start to the day" granola recipe with chia seeds, bee pollen, goji and mulberries. It's brilliant for sustaining energy and supporting the immune system, but even better, one batch of this will keep for weeks.
300g rolled oats
50g sunflower seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
Small handful of dried fruit
50g pine nuts
2 teaspoons rhodiola powder
3 teaspoons Baobab powder
30g chia seeds
3 teaspoons of organic bee pollen
Small handful of goji berries
Small handful of mulberries
1. Gently heat the honey to make it more runny.
2. Mix together the honey, rhodiola, Baobab and bee pollen.
3. Add this mixture to all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
4. Turn the mixture on to a large baking tray and spread evenly.
5. Pop into the oven at gas mark 2 or electric 150.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown, turning the mixture halfway through.
Once the granola is cold store it in a kilner jar ready to enjoy each morning with natural yoghurt. Serve alongside a cup of delicious green tea for a super healthy start to the day!