Teenager Loses Tip Of Her Finger After Glueing On False Nails

14/08/2014 16:59 | Updated 20 May 2015

Teen loses finger tip due to cosmetic glue accidentWNS

A teenager lost the tip of her index after she glued on fake nails.

Sarah Greenaway, 17, was taken to hospital after her finger began to rot after using the DIY cosmetic glue from Boots.

Sarah, from Pontypool, South Wales, said: "It was very frightening – I was crying in pain, it was so scary."

Her finger was so badly infected that it had to be amputated to save the rest of her hand.

She added: "Doctors didn't know then if they'd saved my finger. They said it might still have to be amputated."

To add to her distress, Sarah also caught the MRSA bacterial infection while in Newport's Royal Gwent Hospital.

She is now considering taking legal action against the manufacturers of Broadway Jet Dry Nail Glue.

She said: "I cannot understand how my finger became so infected. It may have been a bad batch of glue and we are thinking about taking legal action."


Suggest a correction