If you're looking to get into crafts, these Liberty print lavender bags are one of the best things to start with. Why? They're super easy. Rosie and Hannah from The New Craft Society share their tips on how to make them below:
These little lavender bags are easy to make, they will make your wardrobe smell amazing and they make great small gifts if you're ever short of a birthday present for friends.
• Scraps of fabric – we used Liberty Tana Lawn in 'Mitsi' and 'The Strawberry Thief'
• Dried lavender
• Scissors or a rotary cutter
1. Cut a rectangle of fabric. For a large lavender bag we cut a 4x6" rectangle but the size you cut just depends on how big you want your bag to end up.
2. Hem one of the long edges by folding it over twice, ironing and machine stitching along it.
3. Fold your fabric in half, right sides together.
4. Machine stitch along the bottom and side edges of the bag leaving a 1cm seam allowance, make sure you leave the top hemmed edge open!
1. Turn right side out and half fill your bag with lavender.